Educational Qualification :
- PhD(Pursuing) :Uppsala University,Sweden in the area of Renewable Energy. (2009 onwards – Thesis submitted for review)
- M.E: Coimbatore Institute of Technology ,Coimbatore ( 1996).
- B.E :College of Engineering Guindy,Anna University(1990)
- Stream Coordinator
- Innovation Cell in charge
- R & C Cell member
- College Safety Officer
- Class committee chairman of EE 2020-2024 Batch
Current Research Interest :
- Multi physics system Modelling and Simulation
- Power Electronics
- Digital Signal Processing
- Embedded Systems and Microprocessors/Microcontrollers
- Electric Vehicles, Electric Drives and Control
List of Publications :
- S.R. Thomas, V. Kurupath, and U. Nair, “A passive islanding detection method based on K-means clustering and EMD of reactive power signal,” Sustain. Energy, Grids Networks, vol. 23, p. 100377, 2020.
- Wave Buoy and Translator Motions – On-Site Measurements and Simulations”, Tyrberg Simon, Svensson Olle, Kurupath Venugopalan, Engström Jens, Strömstedt Erland, Leijon Mats – IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, ISSN 0364-9059, Vol. 36, no 3, 377-385 – 385 – Article in journal (Refereed) Published in 2011 (English)
- Lysekil Research Site, Sweden: A status update”, Lejerskog Erik, Gravråkmo Halvar,. Kurupath Venugopalan, Leijon Mats – 9th European Wave and Tidal Energy Conference, Southampton, UK, 2011 – Conference paper (Refereed) Published in 2011 (English)
- Jens Engström, Venugopalan Kurupath, Jan Isberg, Mats Leijon”A resonant two body system for a point absorbing wave energy converter with direct-driven linear generator”, – Journal of Applied Physics, Volume 110, Issue 12, 8 pages, 2011 – Article in journal (Refereed) Published in 2011 (English)
- Ekström Rickard, Kurupath Venugopalan, Svensson Olle, Leijon Mats“>Measurement system design and implementation for grid-connected marine substation”, – Renewable energy, ISSN 0960-1481, Vol. 55, 338-346 – Article in journal (Refereed) Published in 2013 (English)
- Kurupath Venugopalan, Ekström Rickard, Leijon Mats“”>Optimal Constant DC Link Voltage Operation of a Wave Energy Converter”, – Energies, ISSN 1996-1073, Vol. 6, no 4 – Article in journal (Refereed) Published in 2013 (English)
- Ekström Rickard, Kurupath Venugopalan, Boström Cecilia, Waters Rafael, Leijon Mats “Evaluating Constant DC-Link Operation of Wave Energy Converter”, – Journal of Dynamic Systems Measurement, and Control, ISSN 0022-0434, Vol. 136, no 1, 014501-Article in journal (Refereed) Published in 2014 (English)
- Venugopalan Kurupath, Jens Engstrom, Jan Isberg, Mats LeijonTime Domain Modelling and Simulation of a Wave Energy Converter consisting of a Point Absorber coupled to a Linear Generator”, Journal of Energy (Under Review)
- Bibin T Thomas, Noyal Joseph Binu,Alan Varghese,Abin A Peter,Gylson Thomas,Venugopalan. K (2020) Artificial Intelligence based phonocardiogram proposed for cardiac screening of school children, International Conference on Futuristic Technologies in Control Systems and Renewable Energy, MES College of Engineering, Kerala,09/2020.
Employment History :
- Worked a Product Manager (Research) for developing Underwater unit aggregation and power connector development in EIT InnoEnergy project (2011 -2013)
- Worked in Uppsala University team for a developing a Electric Vehicle (2011).
- Working as a consultant for M/s Seafaradays on the design and development of Wave energy systems for Hut Bay in Andaman Nicobar Islands (2015 onwards).
- Consultancy with Hykon-India for Embedded controls in Inverters and UPS systems and Lithium ion battery systems for Electric Vehicles. This work is ongoing and in the very initial stage. (2018)
- Computer based automatic testing of Electric Pumps for M/s Sharp Pumps, Coimbatore.(2007 to 2008)