Educational Qualification :
- B. Tech:M G University (2008)
- M. Tech:Manipal Institute of Technology,Karnataka (2012)
- Ph.D (Pursuing): Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore, Tamil Nadu
Administrative Responsibilities :
- MITS-SIEMENS Centre of Excellence for Automation and Drives Lab Coordinator
- Project Lab in charge
- Transportation in charge
- Industrial Visit/ Training coordinator
Current Research Interest :
- Adaptive Control systems, Nonlinear control systems
Professional Membership :
- IEEE Membership No: 93648112, SEEM, ISTE
List of Publications :
- 1. “Electrical Engineering workshop instruction manual”, Owl books, ISBN: 9789385666131
- J. George, G. Mani, and A. Stonier, An extensive critique of sliding mode control and adaptive neuro-fuzzy inference system for nonlinear systems, Asian J Control,(2021), 1–17. https://doi.org/10.1002/asjc.2670 (SCI Indexed, IF: 3.462)(Q2 journal)
- Jim George and Geetha Mani, HiL Implementation of Harmony Search- Based Redesigned PI-like Control for DC Servo, Mechatronics Systems and Control,(2023), 1-10. https://doi.org/1010.2316/j.2023.201-0279. (Scopus indexed) (Q4 journal)
- George, Jim, Bipin Krishna, V. I. George, and Mukund Kumar Menon. “Design of Adaptive PID Controller Based on Maximum Modulus Theorem for InvertedPendulum on a Cart.” Sensors & Transducers 145, no. 10 (2012): 163.(Scopus Indexed)
- George J., Krishna B., George V.I., Shreesha C., Menon M.K. Stability analysis and design of PI controller using Kharitnov polynomial for rotary inverted”pendulum,Sensors and Transducers, 138 (3) , pp. 104-113.(2012).(Scopus Indexed)
- Akshay S,Edwin Jerald,Jiso Chacko,Ajay Varghese,Jim George,Meera Sivadas (2020)Performance Improvement of Conical Tank Process Applying Fractional Order Control, XVII Control Instrumentation System Conference(Springer), Manipal Institute of Technology,Manipal,10/2020.
- “Design of Adaptive Polynomial Based Controller for Rotary Inverted Pendulum System” , in National Conference for Emerging Trends in Power Instrumentation and Control , March , 2017 held at MITS.
- “Sewage Robot ” in National Conference for Emerging Trends in Power Instrumentation and Control , March , 2017 held at MITS.
- Design of Kharitnov Polynomial based state feedback controller for Rotary Inverted Pendulum”, International Journal of Science Technology and Engineering, Vol.1, Issue 11, May 2015, ISSN:2349-784X.
- “Design of Robust Controller for ball and beam system” in National Symposium on Astronomy and Space Engineering,NSASE 2011 held at MIT, Manipal and published it in NSASE 2011 proceedings.
- “System Modeling and Design pf PI controller using Kharitnov Polynomial for Rotary Double Inverted Pendulum” in Control and Instrumentation System Conference (International Conference), CISCON 2011 held at MIT,Manipal and published it in CISCON 2011 proceedings page No: 392-396.
- “Pipeline Leak Detection System and Warning using LabVIEW” in Control and Instrumentation System Conference (International Conference), in CISCON 2011 proceedings page No: 658-662.
- “Design of PI controller using Kharitnov Polynomial for Rotary Inverted Pendulum” in National Conference on Advances in Electrical Engineering, NCAEE 2011 held at NITTE,Karkala, Karnataka and published it in NCAEE 2011 proceedings.
- “Stability Analysis of Design of PI controller using Kharitnov Polynomial for Rotary Inverted Pendulum” in National workshop on Challenges in Space Science Engineering, CSSE 2012 held at MIT, Manipal and published it in CSSE 2012 proceedings.
- “Design and Simulation of Gain Scheduling PID Controller for Ball and Beam System” International Conference on Systems, Signal Processing and Electronics Engineering ICSSEE’2012) December 26-27, 2012 Dubai(UAE) 199.
- Design of PID Controller for Double Furuta Pendulum usingKharitnov Theorem”, Bonfring conference proceedings of CISCON 2013, pp: 53-57, ISBN:978-93-82338-93-2.
Sponsored Projects :
- Project on “Design and implementation of robust controller for the maneuver of under actuated system” funded by CERD for Rs 72,500/- .
- Project on “Waste water blockage detector and Cleaner” was selected for Manorama Yuva Mastermind 2016 and funded with Rs. 10,000/- and got third prize worth Rs. 40,000/-
- Project on “Autonomous baby walker” was selected for Manorama Yuva Mastermind 2018 and funded with Rs. 10,000/- from Manorama and Rs 5000/- from IEDC
- Project on “Trouser ironing and folding automation” received first prize in RoboRave India 2017 and selected for presentation at RoboRave International at Mexico USA.
Employment History :
- 10 years at Muthoot Institute of Technology and Science (2013- till date)
- 1.6 years at Rajagiri School of Engineering and Technology, Cochin(2008-2010)
- 1 year at Mangalam College of Engineering, Ettumanoor, Kottayam(2012-2013)