Educational Qualification :
- B. Tech :M.G University (2012)
- M. Tech :M.G University (2014)
- Ph.D (Pursuing):APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University
- Power Electronics & Power Systems
- Class Advisor(2022-2026 batch)
- Department secretary
- Dance club coordinator
- Admission cell department coordinator
- Antidrugs committee Dept. representative
- Continuing education cell Dept. representative
- Asst . placement cell coordinator
- NBA Criteria 8, 9 Stream coordinator
- Power Electronics lab faculty in charge
List of Publications :
- Chacko, G., Syamala, L., James, N., Jos, B. M., & Kallarackal, M. (2023). Switching Frequency Limited Hysteresis Based Voltage Mode Control of Single-Phase Voltage Source Inverters. Energies, 16(2), 783. https://doi.org/10.3390/en16020783.
- An Improved Single Phase Transformer less Inverter Topology For Cost Effective PV Systems”, | IJMER | ISSN: 2249–6645 |,| Vol. 4 | Iss. 6| June. 2014 | 12|.
International Conferences :
- G. Chacko and K. Mathew, “Hysteresis based voltage mode control of three phase two level inverters with constant switching frequency,” 2022 IEEE 19th India Council International Conference (INDICON), Kochi, India, 2022, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/INDICON56171.2022.10039730
- A. Mn, C. Tom Scaria, S. Rose Thomas, S. S. Menon, S. Joy and G. Chacko, “Development of a Robotic system for Power Transmission Line Inspection,” 2022 IEEE 19th India Council International Conference (INDICON), Kochi, India, 2022, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/INDICON56171.2022.10039729
- G. Chacko, “Grid tied inverter system with leakage current cancellation for photovoltaic applications,” 2018 International Conference on Control, Power, Communication and Computing Technologies (ICCPCCT), Kannur, India, 2018, pp. 492-496, doi: 10.1109/ICCPCCT.2018.8574242.
- An Improved Transformer less Inverter Topology for Cost Effective PV applications”, “International Conference on Electrical, Electronics and Computer Engineering (ICEECE) in association with Institute of Research and Journals”. Proceedings of 07th IRF International Conference, 22nd June-2014, Bengaluru, India, ISBN: 978-93-84209-29-2
- Transformer less Inverter Topology for single phase Grid connected PV System”at International Conference on Recent trend in Engineering, Technology and Management at Mount Zion college of Engineering, Pathanamthitta on 5th July 2014.
Academic Achievements :
- Successfully completed NITTT courses on Orientation towards Technical Education & Curriculum Aspects and Professional ethics sustainability with a score of 93% and 82% respectively.
- ELITE + GOLD NPTEL certification for successfully completing the online course “Introduction to Internet of Things
- Asst. Professor Geethu Chacko got the best paper award for the paper titled “ Grid tied Inverter system with leakage current cancelletion for photovoltaic applications”, at IEEE International Conference on Control power, Communication and Computing Technologies (ICCPCCT 2018) held at Vimal Jyothi Engineering College.
- Succesfully completed 8 week Nptel online certification course on “Embedded system design with ARM”
- Received Best Paper award for the paper titled” Hysteresis based voltage mode control of three phase two level inverters with constant switching frequency” in the “Power electronics and drives” track in INDICON 2022, IEEE India’s flagship conference.
- Five day FDP on ”INNOVATIONS AND CHALLENGES IN MICROGRID” organized by Adishankara institute of Engineering and Technology
- FDP on “Distributed Generation and Smart Grid” organized by MITS
- Five day ‘Hands on Workshop on IoT and Embedded systems Design’ organized by ECE Dept.MITS in association with Digital Shark Technology
- Preconference workshop on “ Under Water Acoustics, Transducers, modelling, Signal Processing and Communications” at ICONS 2018 organized by NPOL, Kochi
- FDP on ‘PSIM software and applications’ organized by EEE Dept. MITS in association with Techlabs
- Workshop on “SOLAR PHOTOVOLTAIC POWER SYSTEM” organized by Rajagiri school of Engineering and Technology
- C PROGRAMMING organized by CSE, MITS
- SEMINAR ON NITTT AND NEAT
- RESEARCH INITIATIVES IN RENEWABLE ENERGY SYSTEMS organized by MITS 4. ADVANCES IN ELECTRIC VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY organized by Rajagiri school of Engineering
- Power Electronics for the EV age and beyond organized by GEC, Thrissur
- RESEARCH INITIATIVES IN ADVANCED CONTROL SYSTEMS organized by MITS 3. Active learning of Power Electronics using Sequel App organized by Amaljyothi Engineering college in association with ISTE,TCTD, IIT Bombay
- DC Community Level Grid Challenges in Protection, Control and Stability (DCLG)-2022 organised by NIT ,Calicut in association with Virginia Tech, USA
- Power Converters- An Embedded system approach organized by FISAT, Angamaly
- KTU sponsored five day FDP on Application oriented design and control of electric motor drives, organized by MITS, Varikoli
- FDP on “Reserch perspectives on Energy,Environment and conservation” organized by SCMS college of engineering and technology.
- National level FDP on “Emerging trends in power, Energy and control” organized by EEE, MITS.
Employment History :
- Assistant Professor in Muthoot Institute of Technology and Science (MITS), Varikoli (May2015 – Present)