- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering from MG University (2007) .
- M.Tech in Cyber Security from Amrita Viswa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore (2009).
- Ph.D in Faculty of Engineering from MG University, Kottayam(2021) .
Current Research Interest:
- Deep learning
- Image Processing
- Medical image processing
- Machine Learning
- J.Varghese and R.Nair, “A Novel Video Genre Classification Algorithm by Key Frame Relevance” Springer Smart Innovation, Systems and Technologies (SIST) Series. http://www.springer.com/series/8767
- SnehaAnna,Shreya,Paul,Jyothis,J.Varghese“Content_Based_Video_Recommendation_of_Surveillance_Videos”, IJERT, September 2020.
- J. Varghese and R. Nair, “A Novel Frame Reduction Method for Video Abstract Generation”, Mathematical Sciences, International Research Journal, vol. 6, pp. 102–111, Dec 2017.
- J. Varghese and K. N. R. Nair, “Detecting Video Shot Boundaries by Modified Tomography”, in Proceedings of the Third International Symposium on Computer Vision and the Internet, VisionNet’16,held at Jaipur, India (New York, NY, USA), pp. 131-135, ACM, 2016.
- J. Varghese and K. N. R. Nair, “An Algorithmic Approach for General Video Summarization”, in Proceedings of Fifth International Conference on Advances in Computing and Communications (ICACC), held at Kochi, India7-11, Sept 2015.
- Jina Varghese, Ramachandran Nair K N, “An improved Method for Video Shot Boundary Detection by Motion and Structure Analysis”, Technology and Future, Journal of Science and Technology, vol.1, No.2, pp.23—27, Dec 2014.
- Presented a paper entitled ‘A new steganographic scheme based on modified Tri-way PVD in orthogonal domain’ in Indo-US Conference on Cyber Security, Cyber Crime and Cyber Forensics held at Kochi, August 2009.
- National Conference on NACORE 2016 organized by Amal Jyothi College of Engineering and Technology along with KSCSTE(Kerala State Council for Science , Technology and Environment),2016
- Workshop on Data Analytics and Machine Learning using R , held at School Of Computer Sciences, Mahatma Gandhi university, 2016.
- International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics, Kerala 2015
- Faculty development programme on Cloud Computing, organized by Tata Consultacy Services, 2013.
- National Seminar on “New Perspectives in Mathematical Theory of Computer Science” held at Sacret Heart College, Thevara during December 2012.
- Workshop on Mathematics held at Adi Shankara Institute of Engineering and Technology, 2011.
- Workshop on “Compiler Construction” held at Rajagiri School of Engineering and Technology, 2010
- Indo-US workshop and conference on Cyber Security, Cyber Crime and Cyber Forensics, Kochi 2009
- National Conference on Cryptology held at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore,2008
- Teaching Experience – 5.5 Years
- CMS College Kottayam, October 8,2020, about the topic, ‘Introduction to Digital Image Processing’
- College of Engineering , Kidangoor, during 2016, about the topic of COMPUTER VISION AND CURRENT WORLD.
- ‘COGNITIVE AND BRAIN COMPUTING INTERFACES’ on 14-sept-2021@ Amaljyothi College of Engineering, in association with ACM Kottayam Professional Chapter
- ‘UNRAVEL THE THREATS IN THE DIGITAL ERA’ on Jan 6,2021 @ Amaljyothi College of Engineering, in association with ACM Kottayam chapter.