|E-Mail ID||[email protected]|
Area of Research Interest :
Professional Experience :
• Assistant professor in Muthoot Institute of Technology and Science, Cochin, July
2015 to June 2019
• Research Officer in Agappe Diagnostics Limited, September 2014 to February 2015
• Project fellow in NIT Calicut, June 2014 to September 2014
• Project fellow in ISRO Trivandrum, January 2014 to May 201
Projects / Fellowships :
•Ms. Ashna Varghese got a funding of Rs. 1.23 lakhs under the scheme ‘Research seed money’, Centre for Engineering, Research, and Development (CERD) APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University
Multi-modal mobile app for early detection of depression and anxiety (qualified the initial
eligibility check and is currently under process of evaluation BIG-19/21).
• “Wecare for elderly and neonatal” Communication enabled sanitary napkin for paralyzed and
autism -Kerala Startup Mission Idea Grant of 200000 INR.
• Project work entitled “Synthesis and characterization of Bio-Ethanol from degradable waste” at
Muthoot Institute of Technology & Science.
• Project work entitled “NON-OXIDATIVE PYROLYTIC TECHNIQUE OF DISPOSAL OF
PLASTIC WASTE IN AN ENVIRONMENAL FRIENDLY WAY” at National Institute of Technology
Calicut. (Patent filed)
• Project on “POLY(ACRYLIC ACID –CO- MALEIC ACID) HYDROGELS WITH
IMPREGNATED SILVER NANOPARTICLES FOR ANTIBACTERIAL
APPLICATIONS” at National Institute of Technology Calicut.
• Project on “SYNTHESIS AND CHARACTERIZATION OF ALLYL AND VINYL
SILANES AND THEIR THIOL-ENE REACTION” at “ISRO Trivandrum”
Paper Presented :
• Presented a paper on Hydrogels in the National seminar on aquatic chemistry
(Aquasem’19), organized by the Department of Chemical Oceanography, Inter
University Centre for Development of Marine Biotechnology of Aquatic Chemists, at
School of Marine Science, Cochin University of Science and Technology, March 2019.
• Presented a paper on “Synthesis of hydrogels and its antibacterial applications” in Chem
ex, organized by Department of Chemistry, National Institute of Technology &
Science, January 2013.
Research Interest :
• Polymer nanocomposites
• Waste management
• Click Chemistry
• Polymers and advanced materials
• Supramolecular Chemistry