Educational Qualification :
- B. Tech :Electrical Engineering, Calicut University (1988)
- M. Tech: Power Electronics, NIT Calicut (1991)
- Ph.D :NIT Calicut (2007)
Administrative Responsibilities :
- Internal Exam – observer duty coordinator
- Program Assessment Committee Member
- Department Advisory Board Member
- IDP Coordinator
- Class Committee Chairman-S8EEE
Current Research Interest :
- Medical Imaging
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computationally efficient algorithms for fast computation of tomographic images.
List of Publications :
- Computationally efficient filtered-back projection algorithm for tomographic image reconstruction using Walsh transform’ in Elsevier’s International Journal on Visual Communication and Image representation, J.Vis Commun. Image R. 17(2006) 581-58.
- Bibin T Thomas, Noyal Joseph Binu,Alan Varghese,Abin A Peter,Gylson Thomas,Venugopalan. K (2020) Artificial Intelligence based phonocardiogram proposed for cardiac screening of school children, International Conference on Futuristic Technologies in Control Systems and Renewable Energy, MES College of Engineering, Kerala,09/2020.
- A Walsh Transform Approach to Tomographic Image Reconstruction’, Proceedings of the 4th Int. Conf. on Advanced Computing, ADCOMP’96, IISc. Bangalore, pp.350-357, Dec.16-18, 1996.
- Presented a paper entitled ‘A Sequency Domain Filtered Back Projection Algorithms forFast Computation of Tomographic Images’ in the third International conference on computational intelligence, robotics and autonomous systems (CIRAS 2005) organized by the National University of Singapore, held on 13th- 16th Dec 2005.
- Optimal Dyadic Modeling Algorithm for Fast Computation of Tomographic Images’ in the International conference on cognition & recognition (ICCR05), organized by PES College of Engineering Mysore, held on 22nd-23rd Dec 2005.
- Ms.Ambili Mohan-Robust Control of Helicopters(Kerala Technological University)
- Worked as the Principal of Jyothi Engineering College, Thrissur from 18th May-2011 to 29th April-2014.During this period Jyothi Engineering College received the Academic Excellence Award of the University of Calicut in the academic years 2012-’13 and 2013-’14.
- First Ph.D holder in Computer Science & Engineering of National Institute of Technology Calicut.
- Initiated to institute M.Tech program in Computer Science & Engineering for the first time under Calicut University while working as the HOD of CSE dept of MES Engg. College, Kuttippuram.
- MATLAB coding for ‘Fast Walsh-Hadamard transform’ developed during Ph.D work is now incorporated in MATLAB 2009(b) version. http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/authors/17075.
- National Institute of Health, a US Govt. organization incorporated the MATLAB coding developed during Ph.D work in their Medical Image Analysis software and acknowledged (2018).
- Chaired more than 100 sessions in various International conferences.
- General coordinator of the international conferences i-ConCEPT2010 conducted during 25-26 Nov- 2010 in the MES Engg. College campus, for the first time.
- General coordinator of the international conference ICETET-2015 held on 23rd and 24th April-2015 at Thejus Engineering College Campus.
- Received patent for the B.Tech project ‘Zigbee enabled energy meter’ done under my supervision.
- HOD during the entire NBA accreditation process of EEE dept in 2007 and CSE dept in 2009 of MES Engg College, Kuttippuram. Both departments were accredited by NBA.
- Resource person for a number of short term training programs & workshops.
- Advisory committee member for a number of National/ International conferences.
- Reviewed many research papers for National/International conferences.
- Doctoral committee member of Ph.D programs under Anna University.
- Worked as the Chief Superintendent of University examinations.
- Worked as the Management Representative (MR) of ISO 9001:2008 certification program.
- Qualified internal auditor of ISO 9001 from 2001 onwards.
- Fellow member of Institution of Engineers and Member of IEEE, ISTE, CSI, AEA, IDES and ACEEE .
- Fellow member of Institution of Engineers, Member of IEEE, ISTE(LM).
Employment History :
- Teaching-21 years
- Dean (Research & PG studies), Thejus Engineering College, 01.12.’14 to 07.12.’15
- Principal, Cochin College of Engineering, 02-06-‘14 to 30-11-‘14
- Principal, Jyothi Engineering College, Thrissur, 18-05-‘11 to 29-04-‘14
- Professor & Head, CSE Dept., MES College of Engg. Kuttippuram (University of Calicut), 12-06-‘08 to 16-05-‘11
- Professor & Head, EEE Dept., MES College of Engg. Kuttippuram (University of Calicut), 07-11-’07 to 11-06-‘08
- Asst. Professor, EEE Dept., MES College of Engg. Kuttippuram (University of Calicut), 01-08-’03 to 06-11-‘07
- Lecturer, EEE Dept., MES College of Engg. Kuttippuram (University of Calicut), 15-02-’99 to 31-07-‘03
- Lecturer (Adhoc), EEE Dept., REC, Calicut (University of Calicut), 24-07-’98 to 18-12-‘98