- B. Sc(Engg)–Kerala University-1982
- M. Tech–IIT Bombay, Mumbai – 1993
- Ph.D.–IIT Madras, Chennai – 2005
- Member of Academic Council
- Faculty Chairman (Student Affairs)
- Convener – Research and Consultancy Cell
- Estimation of Transverse Bending and Ultimate Load Carrying Capacity of Single Cell Box – Girder Bridges
Areas of Interest:
- Design and Analysis of structures, Bridges – RCC and Prestressed, Design of multi-storeyed buildings, water tanks, Diaphragm walls etc
- Indira Gandhi National Award for Best Engineering College NSS unit in 2015
- Life member – The Indian Society for Technical Education
- Life Member – The Institution of Engineers, India
Papers Published in Journals: 8
Papers Published & Presented in Seminars/conferences: 7
M. Tech Projects Guided: 9
Short term courses attended: 12
- M. Dhileep, Ajesh K. Kottuppillil and Babu Kurian, ‘Orientation and proportion in Indian traditional domestic architecture’, INTERDISCIPLINARY SCIENCE REVIEWS https://doi.org/10.1080/03080188.2018.1555076, ISSN: 0308-0188 (Print) 1743-2790 (Online), Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining Published by Taylor & Francis on behalf of the Institute, 2018.
- Mini M.P, Babu Kurian and Anu James, ‘A theoretical study on the analysis of diaphragm wall’, International research journal of engineering and technology, 05(05), 2018, 4089-4092.
- Anu James and Babu Kurian, ‘Comparison of analysis specifications and practices for diaphragm wall retaining system’, Studia Geotechnica et Mechanica, 2018, 40(1), 21-29.
- Philip Cherian, Babu Kurian, ‘Transverse Analysis of Multi-Spine Box-Girder Bridges’, International Conference on Materials for the Future’, GEC Trichur, 2011.
- Babu Kurian and Sreejith P.S., ‘Estimation of Transverse Moments of Concrete Box-Girder bridges with Haunches’, National Conference on Recent Advances in Civil Engineering, CUSAT, 2010, 130-140.
- Babu Kurian and Devdas Menon, ‘Transverse Bending Analysis of Concrete Box-Girder Bridges with Flange Overhangs’, Journal of Structural Engineering, SERC, 35(3), 2008, 147-53.
- Babu Kurian and Devdas Menon, ‘Estimation of Collapse load of Single Cell Concrete Box-Girder Bridges’, Journal of Bridge Engineering, ASCE, 12(4), 2007, 518-526.
- Kuriachan Simon and Babu Kurian, ‘Transverse Bending Analysis of Concrete Box Girder Bridges with Sloping Webs’, National Conference on Recent Advances in Civil Engineering, CUSAT, 2006, 79-86.
- Babu Kurian and Devdas Menon, ‘Simplified Method for Transverse Bending Analysis of Concrete Box-Girder Bridges, Journal of Structural Engineering, SERC, 33(2), 2006, 127-27.
- Babu Kurian and Devdas Menon, ‘Comparative Study of the Existing Simplified Equations for the Prediction of Collapse Loads of Concrete Box-Girder Bridges’, 21st national convention of civil engineers, The Institution of Engineers India, Cochin, 2005, 13-21.
- Babu Kurian and Devdas Menon, ‘Correction of Errors in Simplified Transverse Bending Analysis of Concrete Box-Girder Bridges’, Journal of Bridge Engineering, ASCE, 10(6), 2005, 650-57.
- Babu Kurian, Smitha K.K. and Devdas Menon, “Forces in Bearings and Superstructure of a Curved PSC Box Girder Bridge -A case study” Proceedings of National Seminar on “Bridge Appurtenances Including Bearings and Expansion Joints” ISBN No. 81-7764-618-4, IIT Madras, 14-15, May 2004, pp 6-1 to 6-11.
- Babu Kurian and Devdas Menon, ‘Literature Review of Post-Cracking and Ultimate Load behaviour of Concrete Box-Girder Bridges’, The Bridge and Structural Engineer, ING-IABSE, 34,2004, 7-18.
- Babu Kurian and Devdas Menon, ’A Comparative study of Transverse Bending Analysis of Concrete Box-Girder Bridges’, 9th international conference on Current Trends in Aquaducts, Road, Rail and Marine Bridges, IIBE, Hyderabad, Vol. 1, 2004, 31-53.
1.Research Guide of Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam
2.Elected as Executive Committee Member of Institution of Engineers (India) Kerala Centre during 2011-13
3.Served as member of the Board of Studies PG (Engg) of Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam
- Teaching experience – 28 years
- Principal – 7 years